Examine the Christian Understanding of Revelation
- Disclosure by God of what was previously unknown.
- Not just communication but invitation to join in a relationship with God
- Primary source of revelation is given, interpreted and applied in the Bible
- However, not the only source, God continues to speak through human history, historical events, Christianity, world religions, joys hope and frustrations, through life itself.
- The climax of revelation occurs in the words, deeds and actions of Christ. “In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets… but in these late days he has spoken to us by his Son” (Hebrews 1:1-2).
- Catholics place emphasis on Bible and Papacy as key source of revelation, Orthodoxy believes the Bible does not wholly contain revelation.
- Gives soul heart on use