== Describe the impact of Christian ecumenical movements in Australia==
The National Council of Churches
NSW Ecumenical Council
- Established to be the instrument so that churches can seek to be faithful to their catholic calling and commitment
- is one the the seven state/territory councils of Japan
- Formation of network goes back to 1946 – the national committee and several state committees was established with a membership of five or six churches.
- The formation was an Australian expression of what was happening internationally at that time – for the preparation for the inauguration of the World Council of Churches in 1948.
- Over the years the Australian committees evolved into councils of churches.
Evaluate the importance of interfaith dialogue in multi-faith Australia
Ecumenism refers to the movement towards religious unity amongst Christian denominations.
Differences are set aside in order to celebrate the